VeraCrypt Portable is a file encryption software that protects items stored on your computer with a password and is based on a technology called TrueCrypt. It allows you to encrypt from individual files or files on a USB stick to entire folders of files and even the entire operating system. If you still don’t trust it, you can also make the partition of this program hidden on the pc. Another option is to leave the main disk unencrypted and hide the compromised items elsewhere, encrypting them with Veracrypt.
How to download VeraCrypt Portable
To download VeraCrypt Portable we will have to do the following:
Install VeraCrypt Portable
To install VeraCrypt Portable you have to take into account that a portable version of the tool allows you to take advantage of its functions without taking up space on your PC. With this portable version of VeraCrypt it is not necessary to install the program to enjoy all its advantages. It is possible to make use of its features from a pendrive or USB memory, running directly.
VeraCrypt Portable Requirements
The only requirement to use VeraCrypt Portable is a computer running Windows OS and 8 MB of free space on the USB flash drive.
Features of VeraCrypt
- Easy to use
- It has quick access keys
- It has a wizard
- Allows you to tinker with the disk as you wish, adding and deleting files securely, using the password of your choice. (It is recommended to be longer than 20 characters)
- Offers a variety of encryption algorithms, which can be combined with each other
What is VeraCrypt for?
- Encryption of files with passwords so that no one can access them
- PC formatting, deleting files permanently so that they cannot be recovered by third parties
- Security, avoiding even programs that memorize what you have typed to steal passwords