WinSCP (Windows Secure Copy) Portable is a free and open-source software with several features. It serves mainly for transferring files between a local and a remote computer in a secure way. Files are exchanged via SSH, FTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, or SCP connection.
How to download WinSCP Portable
To download WinSCP Portable we will have to do the following:
Install WinSCP Portable
To install WinSCP Portable it is necessary to take into account that a portable version of the tool allows us to take advantage of its functions without taking up space on the pc. With this portable version of WinSCP, it is not necessary to install the program to enjoy all its advantages. It is possible to make use of its features from a pen drive or USB memory, running directly.
WinSCP Portable Requirements
The only requirement needed to use WinSCP Portable is a computer with a Windows Operating System and 8,6 MB of free space on the USB stick.
Features of WinSCP
- Graphical user interface
- PuTTY Portable integration
- Available in different languages
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SFTP and SCP over SSH-1, SSH-2, and regular FTP
- Directory synchronization (several semi-automatics or fully automated steps)
- SSH password, interactive keyboard, public key, and Kerberos authentication (GSS) support
What is WinSCP for?
- Use “Secury Copy” in Windows
- Exchange files securely (Encrypted files)
- Manage files
- Synchronize files
- FTP support